top of page

Teaching in Spain

Documents needed to teach in Spain

To teach in Spain, you will generally need to provide the following documents:

  1. Valid Passport: You will need a valid passport to enter Spain and work legally. If you are a citizen of a non-EU country, you may also need to obtain a work visa or residence permit.

  2. Criminal Record Check: You will need to obtain a criminal record check from your home country or the country where you have lived for the past five years.

  3. Degree Certificate: You will need to provide a copy of your degree certificate or academic qualifications, such as a Bachelor's or Master's degree.

  4. Teaching Certification: If you are applying for a teaching position, you may need to provide proof of your teaching certification or qualifications, such as a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate.

  5. CV and Cover Letter: You will need to provide a current CV and cover letter that highlights your qualifications, skills, and experience.

  6. Recommendation Letters: You may be asked to provide recommendation letters from previous employers or colleagues that attest to your teaching ability and work ethic.

  7. Spanish Language Proficiency: If you are not a native Spanish speaker, you may need to provide proof of your Spanish language proficiency, such as a DELE (Diplomas of Spanish as a Foreign Language) certificate. This is only if you are working at a government school. Private schools set their own standards.

It is important to note that the specific requirements may vary depending on the school or institution you are applying to and the type of job you are seeking. It is recommended to check with the school or institution you wish to work with for specific requirements and procedures for teaching in Spain.

16 views0 comments


bottom of page