top of page

Licencing a Teacher in China

To obtain a teaching license in China, the requirements and documents needed can vary depending on the province and type of school you wish to teach at. However, in general, you will likely need to provide the following documents:

  1. Bachelor's degree: You will need to provide a copy of your bachelor's degree or higher, along with transcripts.

  2. TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certification: You may need to provide proof of a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language), TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), or CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certificate. These together with your transcripts will need to be fully legalised by a notary, FCO apostille and Chinese embassy stamp.

  3. Passport: You will need to provide a copy of your passport, including your visa page.

  4. Criminal background check: You will need to provide a criminal background check issued by your home country or the country where you have lived for the past five years. This again will need to be legalised, the ACRO ICPC is the best criminal background check for teachers mocing abroad.

  1. Health check: You will need to provide a health check certificate issued by an approved medical facility in China.

  2. Work experience: You may need to provide a copy of your work experience certificate, showing your previous teaching experience.

  3. Recommendation letters: You may need to provide recommendation letters from previous employers or colleagues.

  4. Foreign Expert Certificate (FEC): Once you have obtained a teaching job in China, you will need to apply for a Foreign Expert Certificate (FEC), which is required for foreigners to work legally in China.

It is recommended to check with the school or province you wish to work in for specific requirements and procedures for obtaining a teaching license in China.

19 views0 comments


bottom of page